At TFM, we understand the importance of authentic human connection and that deep bonds are fundamental to more happiness, resilience and a sense of purpose in our lives.
We love organising and embarking on unique opportunities with our participants and our past schedule has successfully contributed to the healthy building of solid relationships, trust and comfort in and outside our participants’ lives.
Our events and getaways keep a fun-filled schedule to engage and challenge individuals and groups and to work around enthusiasm and interest to provide meaningful experiences while building independence. This approach allows us to give family dynamics a break, build social skills over time away and encourage participants to try new tasks and activities they have not previously engaged in.
Optional: we also offer other members of families to participate and join in on the events if they wish.
Away-from-Home events we offer:
- Overnight Camps (1-2 nights) (incl. snow trips)
- Interstate Travel
- Goal-focussed Retreats
- Living-out-of-Home Preparation (1-3 nights) (trips focussed on building practical experience living out of home)
Contact us if you have something specific in mind or if you would like to discuss your individual requirements.
NDIS Relevant categories include:
- Core – Assistance with Daily Life
- Core – Assistance with Social, Economic and Community Participation
- Capacity Building – Increased Social and Community Participation